Sunday, September 5, 2010

Topics for task one

One of my ideas for task one is my high school band directors. They were very influential to to me and challenged my performance ability. I chose to go to college to be a music major in education because of their teaching abilities. They would criticize my work ethic and helped me mature into a responsible adult. This would be a very good topic for task one because I have a lot of memories to write about and experiences in band. I might have trouble with the flow of the memories and experiences. I anticipate on troubles with flow of the paper and not being so choppy. I have had troubles in the past with papers being choppy. I do not have many questions for task one.

Another topic I could use for task one could be my grandfather because he has taught me many things threw life. He has taught me responsibility and respect. I have many stories about him and with him. I could talk about his life and how he helped with me threw mine so far. I might have a problem with getting details. I could resolve that by phone calls and family research. I do not have questions for task one at this point.

A topic I could choose for task one could be my father and the things he has done for me threw life and stories I share with him. I could talk about my first car and how he helped me “trick” it out. I could use details about my car and what we did to make it unique. I might have troubles with details of his life but I can resolve those by phone calls threw family members.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tyler,

    I am definitely interested in reading your first draft if you were to write about your HS band director(s). I do have a question though, is this about one specific band director or multiple?

    If you were to select this focus for this writing assignment, I would encourage you to select brief stories (that support your thesis) and that pertain to your HS band director(s).

    It appears that your focus may be:

    "They were very influential to to me and challenged my performance ability. I chose to go to college to be a music major in education because of their teaching abilities. They would criticize my work ethic and helped me mature into a responsible adult."

    I would narrow this focus to: How my HS band director(s) challenged my performance ability.

    Either way it is up to you.

    Ms. Chastain

    ReplyDelete