Thursday, October 21, 2010

Let Teen-Agers Try Adulthood - Leon Botsein

Botsein was talking about how that teen-age years (17 and 18 years old) in high school and how that the school time before college is to long and thinks teen-agers should start their lives and hopefully go to college and acheive a degree and start their carrers as soon as they can. I think the time in high school and grade school is set the right age because kids have to mature up and high school does that. I think that it is the right time in age for those people to choose to go to higher education or take on a job. His audience was structered by his statement let them take a shot at adult hood a little early.

1 comment:

  1. HI Tyler,

    You have done what I have asked in my last comment when you posted to "Where College Fails Us" by Caroline Bird. I like how you begin with Botstein and end with your analysis. This is what I would like for you to begin to do with the next entries. If you were to further this entry, some questions you might ask yourself may include:

    1) Given my personal experiences, why are the grade levels set at the right age for kids?
    2) Given my personal experiences, why is 18 the right age to graduate?

    As for as your last line, you write,

    "His audience was structered by his statement let them take a shot at adult hood a little early."

    I would focus only what what you include before this. This is a separate topic (e.g. like a topic sentence).

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete