Sunday, October 3, 2010

Task Two interview questions with response

1.Q what high school did you attend? what was your graduation date?
A. Odessa High School - 1992

2.Q did you have any unusual circumstances that effected your educcation?
A. I was pregnant my junior year and got married. My education was more difficult to achieve with school, a job, a husband, and a baby to care for. I knew an education was essential to be able to support my family so I woked hard to acheive my goal of good grades and a high school diploma.

3.Q did you have any problems with your teachers when you were pregnant and trying to acheive your diploma?
A. I did have problems with my biology teacher. While I was pregnant we had to disect a cat. My doctor told me that I could not participate due to fameldahide. He assigned me a large research assighnment instead of the lab. I worked very hard on the assighnment. and when it came time to turn in the paper he refused to acccept it stating "that it is not fair to the other students that you got yourself in trouble so I am going to give you an F this semester." My family went to the principal and he had three other teachers grade the paper and the teacherhad to accept the average grade
          Another example was when I was eight months pregnant my P.E. teacher was trying to force me to run a mile. I refused and stated that I would glady walk a mile instead. She sent me to the principal's office I explained the situation and was allowed to walk the mile instead.

4. Q Did you seek higher education following high school?
A. I went to UNM for two semesters, attended LPN school at lexington, and now currently working towards my RN degree. It is very odd that I am still in college and now I have a child in college as well.

5.Q what is your goal you wish to acheive in regards to your education?
A. I am actually happy being an LPN working in the clinic and doing case managment at lexington hospital. I worked med-surg for four years prior to changing positions. I love nursing and my goal is to have a BSN. I probably have a year until I reach my goal. Not much will change in my current job, but it will increase my wage significantly.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tyler,

    Thank you for including your Q&A!

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tyler,

    I don't know if you ask your mom any other questions, but I do have a few suggestions if you may re-interview her.

    1) Can you tell us how it was more difficult because you were pregnant while you worked to maintain your diploma?
    2) If you had not gotten pregnant, what would you have done instead and why?


    ** As a side note, Tyler, you have some great support for working paragraphs including when the biology and PE event. You may ask your mom to discuss how this affected her personally and how she felt about the incident. Did she believe she was unfairly treated and why?


    3) Can you tell us why you find it odd that you have a child in college and now you are in college?
    4) Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Where would you like to be?
    5) How has an early pregnancy affected your perspective on education? Why?

    I hope this helps!

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete