Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Where College Fails Us Questions and Review

        My experiences in college has been very beneificail to my life. My classes help me better understand the thought process and my study and thinking skills have improved emensly. I can think through the problems on my own much better than I did in high school. My teachers her at missouri western are very friendly and helpful. I can read a passage and understand and comprehend it better. I can gather my thoughts and put them on paper much better than in high schoool.
       
      My study habbits and my time managment has increased much more than if I would not have came to college. Durind high school I was a major procrastinator. I now put my school in high priority and get my work done and on time as much as I can.

       The only class that I take that I think has no major meaning is my university 101 class. In the class we do not have any real meaning it feels like. The teacher just talks about things us students should already know and the teacher is older so he cannot relate as eaisly to us as a younger one could.

       I decided to go to college to further my education and acheive a degree to be a band director for a school in the future. I wll become financialy stable and have a good life doing something I enjoy for a living.

1 comment:

  1. HI Tyler,

    I'm happy that you have made college a priority in your life. If you had pursued a career after HS, you may have found it difficult to maintain a lifestyle. Depending on what sort of job you work at, it can be difficult especially if you are earning minimum wage, living on your own and paying your own bills. However, the advantage is that you are not paying for an education that you are uncertain of what to major in or you are not taking it seriously.

    Either way, it is important that you are here now. If you know what you want to do, college should be a priority.

    What I would like to see in your next entries is to interweave the personal narration (e.g. your experiences) with the author's.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete